Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week of March 1-8

Ok...trying to keep up daily just isn't working anymore so I am going to give you play by play for the week! This week I observed a preschool classroom in the Centerville school district. The teacher was phenomenal....so I think we will be requesting her room. I also register Zach for kindergarten next year (hoping to get him into the Early 5's but we will see how that goes)...can't believe my baby boy is almost ready for school. Then Mike and I had date night on Friday night....just as I was starting to come down with something....we ate at a yummy steak restaurant...then ran off to pick up shin guards for Zach. A local church in the area does a once a month date night for families with special needs kids; it is first come basis. It is free and the folks there are fantastic. The kids have a great time. Then that night we were asleep and at about 11 pm...I heard Madison make a strange noise. Jumped out of bed and touched her...she was burning up....got medicine down her throat, stripped her of her PJs...and tried to bring the fever down. We weren't sure if a seizure was coming, then we saw her starting to jerk and then administered the diastat (I so hate these febrile seizures).....the seizure didn't last as long as they normally do and Madison definitely fought her way through the whole thing. She was visited by the ambulance folks who brought a stuff bear.....So far we aren't seeing to many side affects to this seizure. So much for the countdown to 8 months.

No comments: